Friday, June 4, 2010

My Long Journey to Alabama

Its been well over a month since I have blogged, sorry! I have been in the car for over 60 hours in the past 6 weeks, traveling from Virginia to Alabama, Back to Virginia, back to Alabama, to Georgia, then Back to Alabama. On April 19th, Nate drove the kids and I down to Alabama, my grandmother who had been battling Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma for almost 2 years had taken received news that the cancer was back and very aggressive and there was not any other treatment that they could do. So under great conviction from the Lord about where I was needed most, I packed and went down to help take care of my Sweet Granny. After almost three weeks of great struggle, and very sweet and precious times, on May 8th my granny went to be with the Lord. It was a precious time to spend my granny's last days taking care of her,(well for those of you who know her she was taking care of everyone else), and talking with her. The Lord really blessed my heart as I watched her Fight the Good Fight and Finish Strong! There are few people who i know who could go through the pain and struggle she went through with as much strength and peace as she did. The Lord's great providence saw fit that he would receive glory, not in healing her body, but in renewing her body!
It's a bitter sweet time, I miss her terribly, and find myself trying to pick up the phone and call her, but so sweet that she is whole and no longer suffering.
After her funeral we made a quick trip home for a week, and went back down for my Little Brother Joshua's Graduation. Joshua has turned into such a Godly young man. It was also a wonderful time with my family.
On the way back from Alabama we stopped in to visit Nates family and had a great time in Georgia as well.
I am thankful to be home and unpacked and trying to settle back into a routine.

The Lord is Great and Greatly to be Praisied!

I will Leave you with a quote from my Granny Adams, "It's Better to do Little with Much Love, than to do Much with Little Love"

Hannah


No comments:

Post a Comment